If your child has shown a real interest in music, you may wish to support them in pursuing and developing that passion by encouraging them to start learning an instrument and, naturally, here at Wessex Tubas, we would recommend learning how to play a brass instrument!
The benefits of learning to play a brass instrument are vast, particularly for children, as they continue to grow and develop with every day that passes.
These benefits include:
- Increasing their memory
- Giving them a sense of responsibility
- Increasing their social & communication skills
- Fostering their sense of self-expression
- Encouraging and developing team building skills
- Developing time management & organisational skills
- Increasing confidence through a sense of achievement
Which Tuba is best for a child starting out?
Choosing the right Tuba for your child is so important to their overall enjoyment of the new venture ahead; helping them to feel comfortable, confident and – above all else – that they’re happy with their instrument, and the plethora of newfound skills that come with it.
Finding that instrument – the one perfectly suited to your child’s needs – doesn’t have to be a daunting task, but you will have to consider the following:
- Their age
- Their physical size
- Their standard of playing
Child-friendly and beginner brass instruments
Here at Wessex Tubas, we’ve developed a range of solutions for children, young people, and beginners; supporting you to reach your potential at any age, and at any stage of your career.
- For musicians aged 12 and under: the TE333 Junior Tuba ‘Elf’ or TB330 Junior Tuba ‘Imp’ have been specifically designed for younger players; smaller, lighter Tubas, the ‘Elf’ and ‘Imp’ also have only 3 valves, making it easier to learn.
- For advancing musicians and those aged over 12: the TE360 Eb Compensated Tuba ‘Bombino’ is a small, 4 valve Tuba which is great for both adults and children with advanced skills.
Whichever Tuba you choose, you’ll be almost certain to unlock a world of opportunities for your child; encouraging them to develop essential life skills they can carry with them into education, the workplace, and beyond.
Browse our Student tuba range specifically designed for children, young people, and beginners or contact us today.